Posted to user@ant.apache.org by James Cook <ji...@iname.com> on 2000/11/27 14:14:22 UTC

Target exposing Tasks?

Shouldn't the Target object expose its Vector of Task objects? How are people
attempting to integrate Ant into their Tools getting the list of Task's for a
given Target?

jim

Re: Target exposing Tasks?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
James Cook <ji...@iname.com> wrote:

> Looking at the latest source snapshot, the antitode project seems to
> not care about using Ant's Project|Target|Task objects, but rather
> it parses a project from scratch.

Yes I know, but then Antidote is far from complete yet, Simeon has
only started working on it three weeks ago.

> I would like Ant integration in my tool to be a little more
> dependent on Ant, and less on a bundled GUI.

Conor has already put that right. I didn't mean to say "go use
Antidote" but "Antidote faced the same problem so Simeon proposed to
change Ant's core". Sometimes I need sonmebody who rephrases my words
to get some meaning out of them, thanks Conor 8-).

Stefan

Re: Target exposing Tasks?

Posted by James Cook <ji...@iname.com>.
Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>.
Jim,

I think you may have misunderstood Stefan. The change you desire is
something that Simeon also wants to see for antidote. This does not mean
that you would need to use antidote to see a target's tasks. This will be a
core ant service.

Unless, I misundestood you, of course :-)

Conor

--
Conor MacNeill
conor@cortexebusiness.com.au

RE: Target exposing Tasks?

Posted by James Cook <ji...@iname.com>.
I looked a little closer at the Ant source and I see that the changes I was
looking for *are* already in the source. So why is the Antidote team parsing
the build scripts separately? Or are they?

jim

RE: Target exposing Tasks?

Re: Target exposing Tasks?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.