Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org> on 2006/02/02 16:41:29 UTC

Not all Jira comments are making it to e-mail

Myrna van Lunteren wrote (for DERBY-891):

> I had run derbyall (as I reported)

I missed that Myrna had said she had run tests, and then I saw that she
did say so in the jira comments of DERBY-891. I think if a comment is
marked in Jira as 'visible to derby developers' rather than visible to
all then no e-mail is sent to the derby-dev list (kind of ironic).  So
I've been missing any comments attached to jira entries if anyone made
them through jira and marked them as only visible to derby developers.

This is an issue as all Derby communication needs to happen on the
mailing lists, adding comments to Jira is ok, as the assumption is the
comment is also sent to the mailing list.

Would this be simply fixed by making the derby-dev alias that jira uses
a member of derby developers?

Dan.

Re: Not all Jira comments are making it to e-mail

Posted by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
I vote for trying #2, along with the request to not selecting "visible
to derby-developers only"

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On 2/2/06, Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org> wrote:

> Myrna van Lunteren wrote (for DERBY-891):
>
> > I had run derbyall (as I reported)
>
> I missed that Myrna had said she had run tests, and then I saw that she
> did say so in the jira comments of DERBY-891. I think if a comment is
> marked in Jira as 'visible to derby developers' rather than visible to
> all then no e-mail is sent to the derby-dev list (kind of ironic).  So
> I've been missing any comments attached to jira entries if anyone made
> them through jira and marked them as only visible to derby developers.
>
> This is an issue as all Derby communication needs to happen on the
> mailing lists, adding comments to Jira is ok, as the assumption is the
> comment is also sent to the mailing list.
>
> Would this be simply fixed by making the derby-dev alias that jira uses
> a member of derby developers?
>
> Dan.

Aha, that's why people didn't always see my comments.
:-)

What is the advised procedure?
Who gets the mail with 'all users'?
Who gets the mail when you get jira-users?
And with derby-developers?
Did I miss a document that describes this? (I did a quick search but
couldn't find anything useful to me).

Myrna