Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jingnan Si <js...@qilinsoft.com> on 2004/03/05 00:52:04 UTC

Warning when commit files withChinese file name

Hi,
	when I commit a word file whose name is in Chinese,I got the
below warning,but seems the file is correct commited and when I update
from the svn, everythings seems ok, Is any suggestion for this?

WARNING: error decoding UTF-8 for ?

Regards,
Si

Re: Warning when commit files withChinese file name

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 18:52, Jingnan Si wrote:
> Hi,
> 	when I commit a word file whose name is in Chinese,I got the
> below warning,but seems the file is correct commited and when I update
> from the svn, everythings seems ok, Is any suggestion for this?
>
> WARNING: error decoding UTF-8 for ?

It means that your locale isn't capable of displaying Chinese
filenames.  Try changing your locale.