Posted to announce@apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2004/03/24 01:40:41 UTC

Maven 1.0 RC2 released

The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of Maven 1.0 RC2.

http://maven.apache.org/start/download.html

Maven is a Java project management and project comprehension
tool. Maven is based on the concept of a project object model (POM).
The intent of Maven is to make intra-project development highly manageable
in the hopes of providing more time for cross-project development.

RC2 is a release candidate for Maven 1.0. The main focus for this release was
  - Remove a memory leak in long-lived and multiple project builds
  - Reworking the internals for more maintainability while retaining full backwards
    compatibility with RC1.
  - Many other bugfixes

For a complete list of changes in the Maven core, see JIRA:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10030&fixfor=10245

While no new features have been added to Maven's central architecture, RC2
includes all the latest releases of the plugins developed at Apache. Most
plugins include bugfixes and new functionality since the RC1 release.

In addition, the following plugins have been added to the release:
  - announcement: generates templated release announcements for a project
  - aspectwerkz: Aspectwerkz integration
  - caller: A goal interface for Maven plugins
  - dashboard: A report plugin that aggregates reports from multiple projects
  - javacc: generates code based on user-supplied Javacc/JJtree grammars
  - jdiff: generates an api difference report between versions
  - jetty: Jetty integration
  - jira: generates a Maven report from JIRA
  - multichanges: A report plugin that aggregates changes reports from multiple
    projects
  - nsis: generates a Windows Installer for your project using the Nullsoft
    Installer System

The following plugins have had major upgrades since the last release:
  - pdf: a complete rewrite now produces a much better PDF representation of
    your project site.
  - xdoc: Maven site's now have a new default look-and-feel and are more
    customisable

For changes made to individual plugins since the last release, you can review
the release history at JIRA.

The following plugins are no longer distributed with Maven and must be downloaded
from an external source:
  - cactus: download instructions at
    http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/maven.html
  - word2html, was40: download from
    http://maven-plugins.sf.net

We hope you enjoy using Maven! If you have any questions, please consult:
  - the FAQ: http://maven.apache.org/faq.html
  - the Wiki: http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/

For news and information, see:
  - Maven Blogs: http://www.mavenblogs.com/

- The Apache Maven Team

Re: Maven 1.0 RC2 released

Posted by Chad Brandon <ch...@yahoo.com>.
Good work guys! one thing does seem to be broken though:  I have plugin
dependencies within my projects, and with rc1, they would be download when
needed and then the goals made available as I was building, but now it seems
like if the plugin doesn't already exist in the repository or
$MAVEN_HOME/plugins directory, Maven doesn't find it, and fails telling me
it can't find the specified goal (even if the plugin is successfully
downloaded).

Thanks,

Chad

Re: Maven 1.0 RC2 released

Re: Maven 1.0 RC2 released

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
I've been watching all the JIRA status changes fly by over the past few
weeks, and I'd definitely like to thank everyone (especially Brett) who
put so much effort into such a dirty job.

I'm looking forward to using the new release.

Thanks again.

-john

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 19:40, Brett Porter wrote:
> The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of Maven 1.0 RC2.
>
> http://maven.apache.org/start/download.html
>
> Maven is a Java project management and project comprehension
> tool. Maven is based on the concept of a project object model (POM).
> The intent of Maven is to make intra-project development highly manageable
> in the hopes of providing more time for cross-project development.
>
> RC2 is a release candidate for Maven 1.0. The main focus for this release was
>   - Remove a memory leak in long-lived and multiple project builds
>   - Reworking the internals for more maintainability while retaining full backwards
>     compatibility with RC1.
>   - Many other bugfixes
>
> For a complete list of changes in the Maven core, see JIRA:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10030&fixfor=10245
>
> While no new features have been added to Maven's central architecture, RC2
> includes all the latest releases of the plugins developed at Apache. Most
> plugins include bugfixes and new functionality since the RC1 release.
>
> In addition, the following plugins have been added to the release:
>   - announcement: generates templated release announcements for a project
>   - aspectwerkz: Aspectwerkz integration
>   - caller: A goal interface for Maven plugins
>   - dashboard: A report plugin that aggregates reports from multiple projects
>   - javacc: generates code based on user-supplied Javacc/JJtree grammars
>   - jdiff: generates an api difference report between versions
>   - jetty: Jetty integration
>   - jira: generates a Maven report from JIRA
>   - multichanges: A report plugin that aggregates changes reports from multiple
>     projects
>   - nsis: generates a Windows Installer for your project using the Nullsoft
>     Installer System
>
> The following plugins have had major upgrades since the last release:
>   - pdf: a complete rewrite now produces a much better PDF representation of
>     your project site.
>   - xdoc: Maven site's now have a new default look-and-feel and are more
>     customisable
>
> For changes made to individual plugins since the last release, you can review
> the release history at JIRA.
>
> The following plugins are no longer distributed with Maven and must be downloaded
> from an external source:
>   - cactus: download instructions at
>     http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/maven.html
>   - word2html, was40: download from
>     http://maven-plugins.sf.net
>
> We hope you enjoy using Maven! If you have any questions, please consult:
>   - the FAQ: http://maven.apache.org/faq.html
>   - the Wiki: http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/
>
> For news and information, see:
>   - Maven Blogs: http://www.mavenblogs.com/
>
> - The Apache Maven Team

John Casey
jdcasey@commonjava.org
CommonJava Open Components Project
http://www.commonjava.org

Re: Maven 1.0 RC2 released

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote on 24/03/2004 11:40:41 AM:

> The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of Maven 1.0
RC2.

Onya Brett!

> The following plugins are no longer distributed with Maven and must
> be downloaded
> from an external source:
>   - cactus: download instructions at
>     http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/maven.html

The above URL for catcus is wrong or has changed. It's now
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/maven/index.html
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting