Posted to user@roller.apache.org by omid p <ve...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/23 17:02:27 UTC

Mod JK

Hi ,
I've got successfully installed apache roller on my vps
http://blog.omidbiz.com:8080
but after configuration apache with mod_jk i've got exception
http://blog.omidbiz.com
does roller work with mod_jk correctly ?
i don't get any error message in log
regards

Re: Mod JK

Posted by Alexius Dionysius Diakogiannis <al...@zenika.gr>.
Do try it, its the best solution at least in my opinion...

:)

--

*Alexius Dionysius Diakogiannis *
/Chief Executive Officer/

Zenika Hellas

t:   801 700 7374 / +30 211 790 3292
f:  +30 211 790 3880
m: +30 6944 915 876
e: alexius.diakogiannis@zenika.gr <ma...@zenika.gr>
w: http://www.zenika.gr

This message contains confidential information. Unless you are the
intended recipient or his/her authorized agent, please notify the sender
by return e-mail and remove the original message. Any reproduction,
distribution, dissemination, modification of this message is strictly
prohibited. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.

???? 23/7/2010 6:36 ??, O/H omid p ??????:

Re: Mod JK

Re: Mod JK

Posted by "john@nuatech.net" <jo...@nuatech.net>.
You might want to check out mod_proxy_ajp

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy_ajp.html

It should work "out of the box"TM

_____________
John G. Moylan

Re: Mod JK

Posted by Alexius Dionysius Diakogiannis <al...@zenika.gr>.
???? 23/7/2010 7:55 ??, O/H Emmanouil Batsis (Manos) ??????:
> figure httpd). Th

Hey man we are neibours!

Our company is at new Heraklion!

Anyway both do the job BUT performance wise mod_proxy is better, plus
you can use it with whatever you want to proxy (not nesseceraly Tomcat,
for example webmin, zimbra etc)

cheers,

Alexius

Re: Mod JK

Posted by "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr>.
On 07/23/2010 06:12 PM, Alexius Dionysius Diakogiannis wrote:
> Or by name :)
>
> by why do you use mod_jk???
>
> I use mod proxy, If I remember well, mod_jk has an upper limit of 200
> concurent connections...

+1. not sure about the default connection limit but mod_proxy is much
more flexible, feature rich and easier to setup (you only configure
httpd). The performance of mod_jk was never worth the trouble in my case.

Just published a sample setup here:

http://blogs.abiss.gr/manos/entry/fronting_apache_roller_using_mod

Manos

--
Manos Batsis, Chief Technologist
          __    _

Tel: +30 211-1027-900
Fax: +30 211-1027-999

http://gr.linkedin.com/in/manosbatsis

Re: Mod JK

Posted by Alexius Dionysius Diakogiannis <al...@zenika.gr>.
Or by name :)

by why do you use mod_jk???

I use mod proxy, If I remember well, mod_jk has an upper limit of 200
concurent connections...

???? 23/7/2010 6:09 ??, O/H omid p ??????:

Re: Mod JK

Posted by omid p <ve...@gmail.com>.
sorry for my ignorant