Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Saikat Kanjilal <sx...@hotmail.com> on 2013/07/06 22:35:34 UTC

Building tools around ALS for tuning lambda

Hi Sebastian,
Finally getting time to work on this, I was thinking of just doing a separate GitHub branch off of trunk to build this tooling and then merge when appropriate.   One question,  is there a map-reduce cluster I can use for testing which is simulative of a data center like environment.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Building tools around ALS for tuning lambda

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
On 06.07.2013 22:35, Saikat Kanjilal wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
> Finally getting time to work on this, I was thinking of just doing a separate GitHub branch off of trunk to build this tooling and then merge when appropriate.

Sounds good. Would be great, if you could make a small plan (e.g. what
things to do you want to add in what order) and share it with this list
for discussion.

> One question,  is there a map-reduce cluster I can use for testing which is simulative of a data center like environment.

None that is publicly available unfortunately. I can run stuff for you
on our university cluster for testing, but I cannot give you direct
access to the machines.

Best,
Sebastian