Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Dave Peterson <ds...@tagged.com> on 2014/09/27 07:54:32 UTC

automatic topic creation question

I have a broker cluster configured with auto.create.topics.enable=true.
Observing tcpdump output while using kafka-console-producer.sh to
send a message with a previously nonexistent topic, it appears that
the producer instructs the broker to create the topic by sending a
metadata request for that specific topic.  After sending such a
request, I see a single partition for the newly created topic, and it has
only one replica.  Is there a way to specify a replication factor greater
than 1?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: automatic topic creation question

Posted by Manikumar Reddy <ku...@nmsworks.co.in>.
Hi,

I see a single partition for the newly created topic, and it has
> only one replica.  Is there a way to specify a replication factor greater
> than 1?

 you can set default.replication.factor config property, This property is
used to
set default replication factor for auto created topics.

Regards,
Manikumar