Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by "Justin M. Hill" <Ju...@Prominic.NET> on 2016/06/02 05:43:18 UTC

Moonshine-IDE.com -- FlexJS, Flex, and ActionScript focused open source IDE -- contribution to Apache FlexJS

Hello Apache FlexJS Team,

I am pleased to report progress on the open source Moonshine IDE for Flex,
FlexJS, and ActionScript that Dhwani discussed at the FlexJS World Tour in
early April in San Francisco.

We have now released it through the Apple Mac App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moonshine/id1099109346?mt=12

There is still a lot we want to add -- and we could really use some help
from some of the more brilliant developers on the list.  The debugger,
auto-completion, and other aspects need attention which may be beyond the
scope of our skill set to develop in a reasonable time frame.

If anyone is interested in helping us in these areas, I would greatly
appreciate hearing from you.  Please reach me on Skype or Twitter at
JustinProminic so I don't miss any replies on the list.

For those of you with limited time, if you could take a quick download of
the app and maybe write a fair but reasonably positive review on the App
Store that would be appreciated.  Again, we know it is not perfect and it
needs work, and our goal is to make the FlexJS ecosystem very easy for
someone to get started with.  So example programs, tutorials, etc. are high
on our list of inclusion along with build scripts to quickly get a new
developer releasing their first HTML/Javascript, Windows, Mac, iOS, and
Android build.... including App Store ready builds without having to dig
through lots of information like the rest of us have had to do over the
years.

Thank you,

Justin Hill
My Apache Flex community contribution is working on the open source
Moonshine-IDE.com for FlexJS.

Re: Moonshine-IDE.com -- FlexJS, Flex, and ActionScript focused open source IDE -- contribution to Apache FlexJS

Posted by Jasen Martin <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yes, congrats as well.

I have downloaded it last week and have successfully run my first hello
world FlexJS page which is a good start!

Will continue with something a little more ambitious soon.

BTW: Like the way you have integrated tour de flex! Great idea. Keep up the
great work.

Look forward to more docs, maybe even a youtube video for getting started
or something.

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 6:03 PM, hferreira <hf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Congratulations.
> I will definitely download it today!
> I' Flex developer since version 3.0 and have not yet tested FlexJS for lack
> of an IDE with SDK integrated.

Jasen Martin
0424 984 955

Re: Moonshine-IDE.com -- FlexJS, Flex, and ActionScript focused open source IDE -- contribution to Apache FlexJS

Posted by hferreira <hf...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations.

--
View this message in context: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/Moonshine-IDE-com-FlexJS-Flex-and-ActionScript-focused-open-source-IDE-contribution-to-Apache-FlexJS-tp53300p53314.html

Re: Moonshine-IDE.com -- FlexJS, Flex, and ActionScript focused open source IDE -- contribution to Apache FlexJS

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations! The more barriers we can remove for developers to start
using FlexJS the better! Will direct people to it.

Posted by Vulcansoft <in...@vulcansoft.com>.
Hi Justin,

Posted by Sugan Naicker <Su...@dev-x.co.za>.
Hi,