Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "PILGRIM, Peter, FM" <Pe...@rbos.com> on 2003/06/05 19:06:00 UTC

Struts Module [RE: composable RequestProcessor]

So Modules are effectively dead(wood). Is that what you are saying?
The only problem I think I have with modules (am I have never
used in anger) is that they do not inherit resources or the actions
of the default module. If they did writing Expresso sub-applications
would be a cinch.

--
Peter Pilgrim,
Struts/J2EE Consultant, RBoS FM, Risk IT

      Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is registered in Scotland No 90312
Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB
Regulated by the Financial Services Authority

Re: Struts Module [RE: composable RequestProcessor]

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 18:06 +0100 6/5/03, PILGRIM, Peter, FM wrote:
>So Modules are effectively dead(wood). Is that what you are saying?
>The only problem I think I have with modules (am I have never
>used in anger) is that they do not inherit resources or the actions
>of the default module. If they did writing Expresso sub-applications
>would be a cinch.

I can see where modules may still need work, but we use them
everywhere, we like them, and we would hate to see them become
deadwood.

And we'll put in work on the bugs.  We haven't run into any, and
presumably there aren't any right now or we wouldn't be cutting a
release candidate.  But I'll keep my eye out for discussions about
where they need improvement.

Joe

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com
"If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time."
	--Jaron Lanier