Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 1997/12/17 18:35:29 UTC

[BUG] CGI Status: header fields not being honoured

Somewhere along the line the server stopped honouring Status:
header fields returned by CGI scripts.  Just an FYI; I'm looking
into it.

#ken	P-)}

Re: [BUG] CGI Status: header fields not being honoured

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <Di...@jrc.it>.
On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Somewhere along the line the server stopped honouring Status:
> header fields returned by CGI scripts.  Just an FYI; I'm looking
> into it.

Quite frankly, I have trouble reproducing it :-) I checked cause I
thoughd I had some similar problem, but a close(STDOUT) or a $|=1;
in the perl script fixed it for our dear client. (Althouhg I would
have expected an implicit flush on the auto-close by the lib on
exit should have happened anyway.)

Dw.

Re: [BUG] CGI Status: header fields not being honoured

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Marc Slemko wrote:

> Work fine for me...

This complains about "premature end of headers" and correspondingly
displays the canonical 500 message:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
select (STDOUT);
$| = 1;
print "Status: 501 Foobar Not Implemented\n\n";
exit(0);

I remember earlier tests displaying the 501 message as a standard
error screen, with the H1 modified with the script's text.  I
have a script lying around that I wrote when I was verifying this
several weeks ago.

Changing it as follows displays the content rather than an error:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
select (STDOUT);
$| = 1;
print <<EOHT;

Script-generated body text.
EOHT
exit(0);

When you say it works for you, what do you mean?

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
Work fine for me...