Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by MG <mg...@arscreat.com> on 2018/03/01 20:46:33 UTC

Re: [GEP] Concatenative Method Calls

As somebody who routinely works with Groovy ( ;-) ) I agree with all of
that.
Using e.g. |> instead of => seems to me a much better choice, for a
multitude of reasons.

While I personally do not have big need for such an operator, and am
generally a fan of using fluent method chaining (when I did e.g. program
in C# I always found that much clearer in 99% of cases than the LINQ
syntax - but opinions differ widely on this), for using Groovy as an
alternative to Unix shell scripts having a pipe operator could be useful...