Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Francis GALIEGUE <fg...@one2team.com> on 2011/09/29 10:24:15 UTC

[OT] Tomcat on its own SVN repository?

Hello list,

I was trying to get the source code in order to implement my own idea
of a remote address valve (as mentioned in a previous thread).

But I use git-svn, and discovered that Tomcat is on a repository with
1M+ changes on it! git svn clone is therefore woefully impractical. Is
there any plan to move each project at least to its own SVN repo, if
not git?

--
Francis Galiegue
ONE2TEAM

Re: [OT] Tomcat on its own SVN repository?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
If you need a git clone use: https://github.com/apache/ and search
clone started with tomcat

2011/9/29 Francis GALIEGUE <fg...@one2team.com>:
> Hello list,
>
> I was trying to get the source code in order to implement my own idea
> of a remote address valve (as mentioned in a previous thread).
>
> But I use git-svn, and discovered that Tomcat is on a repository with
> 1M+ changes on it! git svn clone is therefore woefully impractical. Is
> there any plan to move each project at least to its own SVN repo, if
> not git?
>
> --
> Francis Galiegue
> ONE2TEAM
> Ingénieur système
> Mob : +33 (0) 683 877 875
> Tel : +33 (0) 178 945 552
> fge@one2team.com
> 40 avenue Raymond Poincaré
> 75116 Paris

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Re: [OT] Tomcat on its own SVN repository?

Posted by Francis GALIEGUE <fg...@one2team.com>.
On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 10:35, Konstantin Kolinko
<kn...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> No. Why? If it ain't broken do not fix it.

Depends on the point of view, I guess :) SVN is broken to my eyes...

> The project has 10+ years of history, and all its versions are
> related. Also we sometimes copy code from other ASF projects.
>
> BTW, there are read-only git mirrors at ASF elsewhere.
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html
> http://git.apache.org/

Yep, I see that! I'll use this as a base then.

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/9/29 Francis GALIEGUE <fg...@one2team.com>:
> Hello list,
>
> I was trying to get the source code in order to implement my own idea
> of a remote address valve (as mentioned in a previous thread).
>
> But I use git-svn, and discovered that Tomcat is on a repository with
> 1M+ changes on it! git svn clone is therefore woefully impractical. Is
> there any plan to move each project at least to its own SVN repo, if
> not git?

No. Why? If it ain't broken do not fix it.

The project has 10+ years of history, and all its versions are
related. Also we sometimes copy code from other ASF projects.

BTW, there are read-only git mirrors at ASF elsewhere.

http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html
http://git.apache.org/

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko