Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Libo Yu <ly...@sysomos.com> on 2017/06/09 20:05:39 UTC

ignite 1.5 network imbalance

Hi,

We have used embedded ignite cache on three application servers which are behind a load balancer.
The cache is set to PARTITIONED mode with backups=0. However, we noticed one node has
a large outbound traffic and the other two nodes both have large inbound traffic. I printed
out the partition number and local data size for each cache and they are almost the same.
We have been struggling with this issue for quite some time and cannot figure out what
caused this imbalance.  Note that we did not use client mode. I wonder if anybody has
experienced the same issue for 1.5. Thanks.

Regards,

Libo Yu

RE: ignite 1.5 network imbalance

Posted by Libo Yu <ly...@sysomos.com>.
I can give you the numbers. I have no idea why server 1 sent so much data to server 2 and 3.

Server 1
bytes sent = 51096699125 bytes received = 3457376624

Server 2
bytes sent = 3631468045 bytes received = 27549879339

Server 3
bytes sent = 2172264793 bytes received = 23901316825

Posted by Nikolai Tikhonov <nt...@apache.org>.
Hi Libo!