Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2004/03/24 14:52:52 UTC

xalan in tools/lib and lib/endorsed

howdy

is there a specific reason why we have xalan 2.5.2 in tools/lib and
xalan 2.6.0 in lib/endorsed? they seem to both end up in WEB-INF/lib on
my build (but that *could* be due to something in the lenya build
process, not sure yet)

if it is an oversight i would suggest to remove xalan 2.5.2 since that
version is causing problems downstream in the lenya build.

thanks,

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: xalan in tools/lib and lib/endorsed

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss <gregor <at> apache.org> writes:

> howdy
>
> is there a specific reason why we have xalan 2.5.2 in tools/lib and
> xalan 2.6.0 in lib/endorsed? they seem to both end up in WEB-INF/lib on
> my build (but that *could* be due to something in the lenya build
> process, not sure yet)
>
> if it is an oversight i would suggest to remove xalan 2.5.2 since that
> version is causing problems downstream in the lenya build.

The tools/lib XML jars never have been in the CVS, they were copied by older
builds. This is no longer the case for recent Cocoon builds (after 2.1.4).
What's strange, should not happen and did not happen for Cocoon builds is the
above mentioned copying of Xalan jar from tools/lib to WEB-INF/lib. Could be
that there is an error in Lenya build.

Joerg

Re: xalan in tools/lib and lib/endorsed

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
David Crossley dijo:
> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>> howdy
>>
>> is there a specific reason why we have xalan 2.5.2 in tools/lib and
>> xalan 2.6.0 in lib/endorsed? they seem to both end up in WEB-INF/lib on
>> my build (but that *could* be due to something in the lenya build
>> process, not sure yet)
>>
>> if it is an oversight i would suggest to remove xalan 2.5.2 since that
>> version is causing problems downstream in the lenya build.
>
> Gee you are lucky. I have all these ...
>
> xalan-20030506.jar
> xalan-2.4.1.jar
> xalan-2.5.0.jar
> xalan-2.5.1.jar
> xalan-2.5.2.jar
>
> Perhaps they have been automatically copied there by the
> Cocoon build process and old ones never get cleaned out.

Yep. It was and it is already fixed:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=107838557801269&w=2

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: xalan in tools/lib and lib/endorsed

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> howdy
>
> is there a specific reason why we have xalan 2.5.2 in tools/lib and
> xalan 2.6.0 in lib/endorsed? they seem to both end up in WEB-INF/lib on
> my build (but that *could* be due to something in the lenya build
> process, not sure yet)
>
> if it is an oversight i would suggest to remove xalan 2.5.2 since that
> version is causing problems downstream in the lenya build.

Gee you are lucky. I have all these ...

xalan-20030506.jar
xalan-2.4.1.jar
xalan-2.5.0.jar
xalan-2.5.1.jar
xalan-2.5.2.jar

Perhaps they have been automatically copied there by the
Cocoon build process and old ones never get cleaned out.

--David