Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Scott Schneider <Sc...@symantec.com> on 2013/12/19 02:13:25 UTC

Debugging unit tests with Eclipse

I'm trying to run and debug the unit tests for Lucene 3.3.0 using Eclipse.  I loaded src/java, src/test, and src/test-framework into 3 projects in my workspace and got it all compiling.  I created a debug configuration for tests, but I get 54 unit test failures.  I can copy the list if anyone wants.  Most, but not all, have to do with CJK and other languages.

Also, I'm trying to test using a directory class.  In the debug configurations window, I set " -Dtests.directory=org.apache.lucene.store.transform.TransformedDirectoryLuceneTestWrapper" as an argument.  "ant test -Dblahblah" works, but this doesn't use that argument and gets the same 54 test failures, like normal.

Please help!

Thanks,
Scott