Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2005/05/24 20:29:37 UTC

Re: LDAPfilter plugin posted

Posted by "Eric A. Hall" <eh...@ehsco.com>.
On 5/24/2005 2:29 PM, Justin Mason wrote:

> the plugin looks good.  did you run into any more wierdness in the core
> that we should look at?  any core APIs that aren't documented but should
> be, etc.?

I think I submitted all the bugs and wishlist items that seemeds
reasonable. One cleanup point is that the permsgstatus docs still list
finish() which is still apparently dead, and now includes per_msg_finish()
which is apparently new. I'm not using either of them for portability
reasons but there ya have it.

One thing I'd like to request would be ability to fetch explicit
data-types from permsgstatus. What I mean by that is stuff like
->myhostname() and ->mailboxaddr(0) and so forth. The rules are hard for
newbies to understand so they will get them wrong, and for bad programmers
like me they are too much trouble to write cleanly, so being able to just
ask SA for well-known data-types would be a big help.

The only "bug" I know of in this plugin is that Net::LDAP doesn't always
come back from a query when persistency is enabled and I can't figure out
why, but that doesn't seem to have anything to do with SA, and it might be
an artifact of my system's super-weird kernel/perl setup.

>>Is the wiki locked? I wanted to post a link there but the pages don't
>>appear to be editable.
>
> you need to create an account and log in.  (I think there's a mention
> of this somewhere on the front page and the user accounts page...)

Okay I'll check, thanks.