Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Ozkaya, Armagan" <Ar...@arbitron.com> on 2003/01/10 16:02:39 UTC

How to get a custom action class invoked when "customize" is clic ked

Hi,
Is there any way, in a JSP Portlet, that a class other than the default
"controls.Customize" class could be invoked when the user clicks on
"customize" icon?  Or is there any other way of changing the customization
portlet/page to generate different content based on a set of dynamic data?

I tried overriding the buildConfigureContext method, based on the example in
Tutorial-8 (JSP Portlet - TutorialStockQuoteAction.java), but can't get it
invoked for customization. What am I missing?

Thank you.
Armagan.

Re: How to get a custom action class invoked when "customize" is clicked

Posted by Fabio Latrofa <fl...@sivaspa.com>.
I think you should override the provedeCustomization() method of the JSP
Portlet.

    /**
     * @return true if the portlet does its own customization
     */
    public boolean providesCustomization() {
        return true;
    }

Regards,

Fabio Latrofa
SIVA S.p.A
Mail: flatrofa@sivaspa.com
Tel. +39 0654220452
Fax +39 0654220484

> Is there any way, in a JSP Portlet, that a class other than the default
> "controls.Customize" class could be invoked when the user clicks on
> "customize" icon?  Or is there any other way of changing the customization
> portlet/page to generate different content based on a set of dynamic data?
>
> I tried overriding the buildConfigureContext method, based on the example
in
> Tutorial-8 (JSP Portlet - TutorialStockQuoteAction.java), but can't get it
> invoked for customization. What am I missing?
>
> Thank you.
> Armagan.

Questa e-mail e' stata verificata dal sistema di antivirus della Siva S.P.A.