Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/31 09:45:06 UTC

config admin behavior when reconfiguring instances with the ManagedServiceFactory

Hi,

I discover a strange behavior of the configuration admin when I
reconfigure instances with ManagedServiceFactory (MSF).

I have this scenario:
- An iPOJO factory and its MSF are created.
- I use the MSF to create an instance (new Configuration in the
configuration admin)
- I update the configuration
- The configuration admin is processing (enqueues) the update request
- However, from the same configuration (and immediately after the
first update), I reconfigure the instance by calling 'update' with
another property set.

This second configuration cannot be processed correctly (configuration
already delivered).
The issue comes from the isDelivered synchronization:
Before the delivering of the first configuration, the configuration is
re-updated setting 'delivered' (field) to false. But as soon as the
first configuration is delivered, 'delivered' is set to true. So, when
the second update is processed, the configuration admin says that the
configuration was already delivered.

Shouldn't be 'delivered' associated with the current set of properties
instead of the Configuration object ?

Regards,

Clement