Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw> on 2007/03/13 19:41:27 UTC

mod_perl List Archive

Dear all,

    Hi.  This is imacat from Taiwan.  I saw there are several archives
of mod_perl list at:

http://lists.cpan.org/showlist.cgi?name=modperl-user

    Which points to:

http://mathforum.org/epigone/modperl
http://msgs.securepoint.com/cgi-bin/get/apache-current.html
http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/web/182/0/
http://www.mail-archive.com/modperl@apache.org/
http://www.davin.ottawa.on.ca/archive/modperl/
http://perl.apache.org/mail/modperl/
http://www.egroups.com/group/modperl/

    But when I looked into them, most are either 404 or out of date.
The only recent archive is http://perl.apache.org/mail/modperl/, which
cannot be searched.

    Is there any recent archive out there?  I would like to check if my
questions were discussed before.  Thank you.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>

Tavern IMACAT's: http://www.imacat.idv.tw/

Re: mod_perl List Archive

Posted by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>.
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:17:52 -0400
"Perrin Harkins" <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:56:06 -0600
"Dave Moore" <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:52:30 -0500
Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org> wrote:
> http://perl.apache.org/maillist/modperl.html#Searchable_Archives
> http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.mod-perl

    Thank you all for your heartly input.  Sorry I came from CPAN lists
page and am not aware of it.

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:27:15 -0400
Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@2xlp.com> wrote:
> On Mar 13, 2007, at 3:17 PM, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> > On 3/13/07, imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw> wrote:
> A neat trick is to take some headers from a current message, and toss
> them into google.

    It really took me some time to understand this trick.  Well, if I
don't have any archive, I won't have any "recent header".  That's really
tricky.

Re: mod_perl List Archive

Posted by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@2xlp.com>.
On Mar 13, 2007, at 3:17 PM, Perrin Harkins wrote:

> On 3/13/07, imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw> wrote:
>>     Is there any recent archive out there?  I would like to check
>> if my
>> questions were discussed before.
>
> Thank you for using the archives!  Our list of archives is here:
> http://perl.apache.org/maillist/modperl.html#Searchable_Archives
>
> If you find any on that list that don't work, please report them here.
>
> My favorite searchable archive is this one:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&r=1&w=2#apache-modperl

Archives come & go, and update at different speeds.

A neat trick is to take some headers from a current message, and toss
them into google.

I use that all the time to find updated archives:
	ie:

	a 2 day old post
		http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22%5BMP2%5D+Handler+for
+Proxying+request%22&btnG=Google+Search
	returns  1 archive

	but

	a week old post
		http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22mod_perl+logo+usage+%3F%
22&btnG=Search
	returns ~35 archives !

// Jonathan Vanasco

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Posted by Perrin Harkins <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 3/13/07, imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw> wrote:
>     Is there any recent archive out there?  I would like to check if my
> questions were discussed before.

Thank you for using the archives!  Our list of archives is here:
http://perl.apache.org/maillist/modperl.html#Searchable_Archives

If you find any on that list that don't work, please report them here.

My favorite searchable archive is this one:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&r=1&w=2#apache-modperl

- Perrin