Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tod <li...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/17 20:49:54 UTC

Most current tik jar files that work with Solr 1.4.1

What is the latest version of Tika that I can use with Solr 1.4.1?  it
comes packaged with 0.4.  I tried 0.8 and it no workie.

RE: Most current tik jar files that work with Solr 1.4.1

Posted by "Jaeger, Jay - DOT" <Ja...@dot.wi.gov>.
> What is the latest version of Tika that I can use with Solr 1.4.1?  it
> comes packaged with 0.4.  I tried 0.8 and it no workie.

When I was testing Tika last year, I used Solr build 1271 to get the most recent Tika I could get my hands on at the time.  That was before Solr 3.1, so I expect it was 1.4.1 - I downloaded it 4 days after I downloaded 1.4.1 on 10/8/2010.   A look inside confirms that was Tika 0.8.

Although it was a nightly build, we found it perfectly stable in operation for what we were doing.

You might take the same approach.