Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/15 18:23:27 UTC

cdc and tomcat

For the record - I  tested tomcat3.3 with current CDC+foundation, and it works without any problem
( at least
the servlet part - precompiled JSPs should work too ).  There is still some work that should be
done to
create a minimal jar ( my old jars are about 800k, plus the parser ). Also some changes should be
done in xmlmapper to add back support for SAX parser ( khtml or some other very small parser -
crimson is a bit too big for cdc).

CLDC is clearly out of question ( no java.io ), and I doubt CDC without foundation would be easy.

It would be nice if next release would include a "j2me" package ( if someone volunteers to drive
this, I can help but I have very little time)

Costin