Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk> on 2003/09/19 14:56:07 UTC

FIXED: Last link missing in CLI

Simon Meith just provided a patch to fix the bug with the last link not
being present when a site is generated with the CLI. I've patched the
current Cocoon CVS. Many thanks to Simon - it was far more
straight-forward than I would have expected.

So there's another reason to check out the latest CLI, which has changed
quite a bit in the last weeks.

[OT: Next I want to improve reporting, and when I've done that, I'll be
creating an Ant task for you guys. And at some point I'll try to work
out why nothing seems to be getting logged.]

Regards, Upayavira

Re: FIXED: Last link missing in CLI

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Jeff Turner wrote:
<snip/>
> > <snip/>
> >
> > So does "porting" just mean adding that tag to the files in question
> > or is there an actual "branch" of CVS?
>
> There is an actual branch, called FORREST_05_BRANCH.  Its contents should
> always be 'stable'.  I did the following:
>
> cp -r xml-forrest xml-forrest-0.5.1
> cd xml-forrest-0.5.1
> cvs update -r FORREST_05_BRANCH
>
> And then to merge a change from the CVS trunk to the branch:
>
>  - Go to xml-forrest-0.5.1/...
>  - Run cvs up -j HEAD <file to pull in from the trunk>
>  - Commit

Oh great, thanks for the excellent tips. I was frightened to
maintain branches, but you make it sound not so bad.

--David

Re: FIXED: Last link missing in CLI

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 05:29:05PM +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
> > Jeff Turner wrote:
> > >
> > >Great!  I tried it with my site that had missing pages and it fixes the
> > >problem.  I've committed it to Forrest CVS.
> > >
> > >All: I'd like to make a 0.5.1 Forrest release with this and other fixes.
> > >
> > Wow. It warrants a new Forrest release! That's something ;-)
>
> Brilliant. Thanks to everyone. When do we add a new "stable-" tag?
> That issue seemed to be the main one to solve.

And the obfuscated-emails, which I'm working on now..

> > >If you see a bugfix patch that would benefit 0.5 users, please port it to
> > >the FORREST_05_BRANCH branch. ...
> <snip/>
>
> So does "porting" just mean adding that tag to the files in question
> or is there an actual "branch" of CVS?

There is an actual branch, called FORREST_05_BRANCH.  Its contents should
always be 'stable'.  I did the following:

cp -r xml-forrest xml-forrest-0.5.1
cd xml-forrest-0.5.1
cvs update -r FORREST_05_BRANCH

And then to merge a change from the CVS trunk to the branch:

 - Go to xml-forrest-0.5.1/...
 - Run cvs up -j HEAD <file to pull in from the trunk>
 - Commit

--Jeff

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Jeff Turner wrote:

>On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 01:56:07PM +0100, Upayavira wrote:
>

>>Simon Meith just provided a patch to fix the bug with the last link not
>>being present when a site is generated with the CLI. I've patched the
>>current Cocoon CVS. Many thanks to Simon - it was far more
>>straight-forward than I would have expected.
>>

>Great!  I tried it with my site that had missing pages and it fixes the
>problem.  I've committed it to Forrest CVS.
>
>All: I'd like to make a 0.5.1 Forrest release with this and other fixes.

Wow. It warrants a new Forrest release! That's something ;-)

>If you see a bugfix patch that would benefit 0.5 users, please port it to
>the FORREST_05_BRANCH branch.  If someone would like to make the
>krysalis-site javascript menus optionally collapsible for 0.5.1, I'm sure
>it would be appreciated.
>

>>So there's another reason to check out the latest CLI, which has changed
>>quite a bit in the last weeks.
>>

>Indeed.  I like the time and size in the output:
>
>* [50/0]     0.314s 18.4Kb  forrestbot-intro.html
>* [51/0]     0.383s 29.3Kb  validation.html
>* [55/0]     1.413s 91.0Kb  faq-v11.dtdx.html
>* [60/0]     0.556s 49.8Kb  sitemap-ref.html
>^ site:your-project
>^ site:upgrading_05
>
>I guess lines beginning with ^ indicate an ignored URL?  They clutter up
>the output a bit.. is there a reason for printing them, or is it for
>informational purposes?

Informational only. But I intend to line up the columns, so that it
doesn't mess up the output quite so much.

Also, if you're going to do a release, I'd change a few things:
1) Fix the vertical alignment of the skipped pages
2) Remove the 0 in the number of links. It is an as yet unimplemented
'number of new links in page'

I can do these quickly enough, so let me know when you plan to release.

>>[OT: Next I want to improve reporting, and when I've done that, I'll be
>>creating an Ant task for you guys. And at some point I'll try to work
>>out why nothing seems to be getting logged.]
>>

>Many thanks for your efforts.

You're welcome. And likewise thanks for your efforts in testing it.

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.