Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by LuisLo <he...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/04 18:42:30 UTC

Karaf shutdown and create dump file

Hello, we are currently developing an application based on karaf 4.1.6, but
we do not manage the operating system in which it is installed. Recently, to
our regret, two actions have come together:
1.- The operating system was changed to SUSE.
2.- We have updated the version of our application.
With the change of operating system, a service was also created that started
and stop the application (using the start and stop karaf commands).
We have detected that karaf stops apparently without human intervention.
When it does, a dump file is created (dump-2019-06-04_130102-300.zip) and
traces of "FelixShutdown" appear in the log. Can you guide us to find out
what happens?
Is there a case in which karaf stops the execution? For example, lack of
memory or other resources.

Re: Karaf shutdown and create dump file

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

As you are using directly bin/karaf (via bin/start & bin/stop), without
wrapper or watchdog, karaf doesn't stop automatically. Especially, if
you see a Karaf dump zip file created, it's certainly a manual or
programmatic action.

Maybe you can take a look on the audit.log to see what is perform, but
I'm pretty sure you have a script or an inner bundle doing something.

Regards
JB

On 04/06/2019 20:42, LuisLo wrote:
> Hello, we are currently developing an application based on karaf 4.1.6, but
> we do not manage the operating system in which it is installed. Recently, to
> our regret, two actions have come together:
> 1.- The operating system was changed to SUSE.
> 2.- We have updated the version of our application.
> With the change of operating system, a service was also created that started
> and stop the application (using the start and stop karaf commands).
> We have detected that karaf stops apparently without human intervention.
> When it does, a dump file is created (dump-2019-06-04_130102-300.zip) and
> traces of "FelixShutdown" appear in the log. Can you guide us to find out
> what happens?
> Is there a case in which karaf stops the execution? For example, lack of
> memory or other resources.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net