Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by DAVIGNON Andre - CETE NP/DIODé/PANDOC <An...@developpement-durable.gouv.fr> on 2008/05/22 11:09:01 UTC

Ajax form global validation

Hi,

I have an Ajax form (<ft:form-template method="POST" ajax="true"
action="#{$cocoon/continuation/id}"> with following flowscript :

var form = new Form(cocoon.parameters.form);
form.createBinding(cocoon.parameters.binding);
form.load(document);
form.showForm(cocoon.parameters.show);
cocoon.sendPage(cocoon.parameters.redirect);

Ajax actions work well (adding and removing repeater rows,
etc...) but global validation of the form with a fd:submit has no effect.

The form seems not to go out from the continuation of
form.showForm(cocoon.parameters.show) and sendPage
is not executed.

Would anyone have an idea ?

André Davignon

Re: Ajax form global validation

Posted by DAVIGNON Andre - CETE NP/DIODé/PANDOC <An...@developpement-durable.gouv.fr>.
Hi,

> I don't completely understand the details but from what I've read here this
> type of form validation is not possible with ajax enabled.
>
> http://markmail.org/message/2loa7qecgc6d33yd

But it seems to be the type of validation used in
cocoon/samples/blocks/forms/do-dynaRepeater.flow (see
http://cocoon.jsp-servlet.net/samples/blocks/forms/do-dynaRepeater.flow):

ajax enabled, different inputs with different id's for ajax actions and
a "submit" widget for the form global validation.

Where am i going wrong ?...

Posted by Gary Larsen <ga...@envisn.com>.
Hi,

I don't completely understand the details but from what I've read here this
type of form validation is not possible with ajax enabled.

http://markmail.org/message/2loa7qecgc6d33yd

gary

Posted by DAVIGNON Andre - CETE NP/DIODé/PANDOC <An...@developpement-durable.gouv.fr>.