Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2007/01/24 07:00:05 UTC

what to do about chronically failing plugins?

antrun, eclipse and repository are all failing both on my machine,
and on CI. Is this the case for everyone else too?

I got no responses on any of these last time I asked, so the next
steps I'll take are to create a branch of the current code, and then
start rolling trunk back until they work on each, and let whoever
made the changes figure out how to get them back in again.

I'm also getting failures locally on the dependency plugin, but not
in CI. Anyone else seeing this? Maybe it depends on local repository
state?

- Brett

Re: what to do about chronically failing plugins?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
antrun: rolled back r462641 (jvanzyl) - passes again.

eclipse: just the one failure (though still exceptionally slow - 5
minutes) - EclipsePluginMasterProjectTest. It only fails when clean,
so it could be a simple fix. Anyone familiar able to take a look?

repository: was fixed a little while back

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2007/1/24, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>:
> antrun, eclipse and repository are all failing both on my machine,
> and on CI. Is this the case for everyone else too?

I tried it on r499384 on windows / JDK 1.5.0_10 (like zones) / latest surefire
antrun: works here on 2.0.x and 2.1
eclipse: failed on both but not the same errors that zones. On zones,
missing org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins:pom:8-SNAPSHOT
repository: failed on both NPE like zones

> I got no responses on any of these last time I asked, so the next
> steps I'll take are to create a branch of the current code, and then
> start rolling trunk back until they work on each, and let whoever
> made the changes figure out how to get them back in again.

sound goods

> I'm also getting failures locally on the dependency plugin, but not
> in CI. Anyone else seeing this? Maybe it depends on local repository
> state?

Nothing here.

Cheers,

Vincent

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 1/24/07, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> what's the problem with PLUGIN?

I'm not sure...

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugin-plugin:2.3-SNAPSHOT:updateRegistry':
Unable to find the mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugin-plugin:2.3-SNAPSHOT:updateRegistry'
in the plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugin-plugin'
org.apache.maven.plugin.plugin.UpdatePluginRegistryMojo

It happens on my linux server, but not on WinXP.  (Now there's a
switch!)  But I'm probably using different versions of Maven and who
knows what snapshots of plugins.

--
Wendy

Re: what to do about chronically failing plugins?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
The only thing I can see is fetching the XSD/DTD to validate the
deployment descriptors but I am not doing such a thing (only using
XMLUnit to compare the generated XML)

The tests also build a local repository in the target directory so you
need  an internet connection

Do you have the surefire logs?

Thanks,
Stéphane