Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2004/06/03 00:24:21 UTC

Python 2.3?

Do folks mind if we mandate Python 2.3 for Gump? Right now we use Python 2.2
(avoid some methods and bundle the logging classes, and such) for folks like
Leo who couldn't get a later RPM (or whatever). Can we upgrade to 2.3?

[I am trying to optimise Gump, it is sickly slow for the little it really
does & I just don't get where the memory is going. I want to upgrade to rule
that out.]

regards,

Adam
--
Experience the Unwired Enterprise:
http://www.sybase.com/unwiredenterprise

Re: Python 2.3?

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

> Do folks mind if we mandate Python 2.3 for Gump? Right now we use Python 2.2
> (avoid some methods and bundle the logging classes, and such) for folks like
> Leo who couldn't get a later RPM (or whatever). Can we upgrade to 2.3?

+1

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Python 2.3?

Posted by Scott Sanders <sc...@dotnot.org>.
Coding is voting by lazy consensus :)

Go for it.  Gump is building the HEAD of the world, why shouldn't it
work from the HEAD as well?

Scott

Re: Python 2.3?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Adam R. B. Jack <aj...@trysybase.com> wrote:

> Is this something we need a vote on?

Not really.

I have no idea what Python 2.3 buys us, what we'd win by mandating 2.3
- you probably know better than me and I trust your call.

LSD or any other machine shouldn't be that big an issue.  ISTR Leo has
installed Fedora Core in the meantime and this (at least FC2) ships
with Python 2.3.

Stefan

Re: Python 2.3?

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.

Re: Python 2.3?

Posted by Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org>.
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
> Do folks mind if we mandate Python 2.3 for Gump?

+1

- LSD