Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nklein <no...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/12 00:49:06 UTC

Getting an archetype to recognize the package argument

The package setting updates the source directory layout. I have only gotten
Java projects to work with it and now need to have it work with a Flex
project. An example of its usage would be changing the default package
directory layout from the GroupId value: org/maven/songbird

src/main/java/org/maven/songbird

to the package value: com.ABC.XYZ

src/main/java/com/ABC/XYZ

I thought that since the Super POM contains this line:

<build>
    <directory>target</directory>
    <outputDirectory>target/classes</outputDirectory>
    <finalName>${artifactId}-${version}</finalName>
    <testOutputDirectory>target/test-classes</testOutputDirectory>
    <sourceDirectory>src/main/java</sourceDirectory>

That I only needed to add

<build>
    <sourceDirectory>src/main/flex</sourceDirectory>
</build>

to the Flex project archetype and it would also be responsive to the package
setting. But that doesn't appear to be the case. I would greatly appreciate
if someone could point out how to update this Flex archetype file so it
shares Java's capability. I figure there must be a simple setting and that I
shouldn't need to muddle around with filesets.

Thanks, Norman Klein