Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Alexey Neyman <st...@att.net> on 2010/07/24 09:41:18 UTC

Is keep-together.within-line="always" working with nested fo:inline?

Hi,

I am trying to prevent a line from breaking, so I wrapped it inside a
<fo:inline keep-together.within-line="always">...</fo:inline>. This works as
long as the line is a plain text, but does not work if there is a nested
fo:inline. In that case, the line breaks at the nested fo:inline.

Here is a FO snippet:

===========================
<fo:inline keep-together.within-line="always">very long and nasty
<fo:inline/>line that should not probably wrap unless somebody is using a
nested fo inline <fo:inline/> which allows this line to wrapping
around<fo:inline/> even though it should not</fo:inline>
===========================

Is it intended behavior or a bug?

I tried googling, but haven't found any definitive answer. The most relevant
result was an item in FOP 0.94 change list which said that "UAX+14 line
breaking is implemented, but it does not propagate to nested fo:inlines". I am
not sure if this explains such behavior.

I am using FOP 0.95, packages from Ubuntu 10.04.

Thanks,
Alexey.

Re: Is keep-together.within-line="always" working with nested fo:inline?

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi Alexey,

some issues have been reported about area tree when fo:inline is used.
That can interact with keeps management.
You should rise a bug and attach your test case (see [1]).

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/bugs.html#issues_new

--
Pascal