Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/16 15:28:02 UTC

Re: ICLA submission for Samza

Here's what I'm thinking. Small tweaks to the messages and the processing to detect these four cases:

If the ICLA does not include an Apache id but it is associated with a project:

> This message acknowledges receipt of your ICLA, which has been filed in the Apache Software Foundation records.
>
> With this message, the Incubator PMC and the OpenWhisk podling have been notified that your ICLA has been filed. Please contact them with any questions.
>
> If you have been invited as a committer, please provide the PMC (copied) with your preferred Apache id. The id must be at least three alphanumeric characters starting with an alphabetic character. No special characters.

If the ICLA includes an Apache id, and there is a project but no VOTE:

> This message acknowledges receipt of your ICLA, which has been filed in the Apache Software Foundation records.
>
> With this message, the Incubator PMC and the OpenWhisk podling have been notified that your ICLA has been filed and your requested Apache id is %id. Please contact them with any questions.

If there is no project and no Apache id:

> This message acknowledges receipt of your ICLA, which has been filed in the Apache Software Foundation records.
>
> If you have been invited as a committer, please advise the project PMC that your ICLA has been filed and provide the PMC with your preferred Apache id. The id must be at least three alphanumeric characters starting with an alphabetic character. No special characters.
>
> If you have not been invited, please refer to http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#developers for more information about roles at Apache.
>
> New accounts will not be created for contributors without an invitation from an ASF Project.

If there is no project but an Apache id is provided:

> This message acknowledges receipt of your ICLA, which has been filed in the Apache Software Foundation records.
>
> If you have been invited as a committer, please advise the project PMC that your ICLA has been filed and provide the PMC with your preferred Apache id..
>
> If you have not been invited, please refer to http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#developers for more information about roles at Apache.
>
> New accounts will not be created for contributors without an invitation from an ASF Project.

What do you think?

Craig

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebb,

I think a good first step would be to modify the tool to insert the proposed user id into the ack message.

Craig

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: ICLA submission for Samza

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

"If you have not been invited by a project..."

>> New accounts will not be created for contributors without an invitation from an ASF Project.

Probably ought to allow for podlings as well.

> If there is no project but an Apache id is provided:
>
>> This message acknowledges receipt of your ICLA, which has been filed in the Apache Software Foundation records.
>>
>> If you have been invited as a committer, please advise the project PMC that your ICLA has been filed and provide the PMC with your preferred Apache id.

They have already provided the id in the ICLA, so we should include
that in the mail.

>> If you have not been invited, please refer to http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#developers for more information about roles at Apache.
>>
>> New accounts will not be created for contributors without an invitation from an ASF Project.

See above.