Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by William Sundberg <wi...@cybercomgroup.com> on 2005/01/28 09:37:30 UTC

Precompiling JSP problem

I am trying to precompile the JSP files but recive the following error
when building:

No public execute() in class org.apache.jasper.JspC

My buildfile is basicly the same as the Tomcat example build
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/printer/jasper-howto.htm

I am using Ant from the Cmd-prompt on an Win NT.

Java: 1.5.0
JBoss 4.0.0

I have fetched the latest Jasper.*.jar from both: apache.org and
jboss-4.0.1 but still recived receives the error:"No public execute() in
class org.apache.jasper.JspC"

And when I look in the javadoc
on[http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/jasper/docs/api/index
.html] the execute method in JspC are not public but I think it should
be.

If that is not the problem what am I doing wrong.

Thank you in advance/William

Re: Precompiling JSP problem

Posted by Marcus Beyer <mb...@stormlight.de>.
William Sundberg schrieb:

> I am trying to precompile the JSP files but recive the following error
> when building:
>
> No public execute() in class org.apache.jasper.JspC
>
> My buildfile is basicly the same as the Tomcat example build
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/printer/jasper-howto.htm

Mine too. It works for me.

> I am using Ant from the Cmd-prompt on an Win NT.
>
> Java: 1.5.0
> JBoss 4.0.0

Java: 1.4.2_06
JBoss 3.2.5 (Tomcat 5.0.26?)

> And when I look in the javadoc
> on[http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/jasper/docs/api/index
> .html] the execute method in JspC are not public but I think it should
> be.

The binary view of Eclipse shows me this signature of JspC.class (in
jasper-compiler.jar):

public void execute() throws org.apache.jasper.JasperException;

Can you have a direct look at the binary you are using?

Cheers, Marcus