Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Caesar Samsi <ma...@samsi.us> on 2016/02/13 23:48:00 UTC

How to configure detection of failed NodeManager's sooner?

Hello,

From testing it appears detecting a failed NM node takes quite some time (~5 minutes)

Is there a configurable setting for this? I need a more responsive cluster.

Thank you, Caesar.

Re: How to configure detection of failed NodeManager's sooner?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
You're looking for the property
"yarn.nm.liveness-monitor.expiry-interval-ms", whose default is 600000ms
(10m). This is to be set on the ResourceManager(s)' yarn-site.xml.

)

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.