Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Jyotsna G <jy...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/06 10:10:03 UTC

Fwd: REST Queries submitted via Hiveserver2 on Tez hang

Hi,

Below is my Hadoop/Hive/TEZ environment details.

 Apache Hadoop 2.4.0

Hive 1.2.2

Tez 0.5.4

I was able to successfully install TEZ 0.5.4 and set it up as execution
engine for Hive.

 All queries submitted via HIVE CLI work fine on TEZ.

Issue is with REST requests routed via Hive server 2. These requests get
the connection to Hive and applications get launched on the YARN cluster,
but applications run for ten minutes with no results sent back.
Attaching the application diagnostics screenshot.
The rest queries work fine with MR as execution engine.

Attaching the hive-site.xml

Also attaching the DAG log and sys log for AM container and the Hiveserver
2 console output.

Am I missing any other configuration setting w.r.t hive server 2 for
TEZ? Please
advise.

Thanks,
Jyotsna