Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Siegfried Göschl <si...@it20one.at> on 2003/03/18 17:49:26 UTC

Try to fix for Maven B7 fails due to versioning

Hi folks,

I decided to patch my existing B7 with the patch for FOREHEAD (see
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOREHEAD-3) to
return a non-zero exit value on a failure ... and I plainly failed

+) There is no source distribution for Maven B7 available

+) The labeled version of Maven B7 from CVS naturally does not
compile due to the usage of SNAPSHOT jars ... IMHO it is not a good
idea to have whatever release depending on snapshots JARs.

+) I got the latest version of FORHEAD but it is only it is only 1.0-
beta-2 and not the 1.0-beta-4

+) I tried to compile forehead.java from beta-4 with the current
project and naturally this fails

+) Decompiling the JAR and patching fails since my decompiler has
problems with the anonymous inner classes

Of course with a little bit of time tweaking my decompiler I might be

able to reengineer forehead, to patch a Maven release I can't build
any longer.

Is there anybody who could help with a version of forehead-1.0-beta-4

or a patch?!

Thanks in advance,

Siegfried Goeschl

Re: Try to fix for Maven B7 fails due to versioning

Posted by Ben Walding <de...@walding.com>.
Siegfried,

Perhaps you could elaborate on which plugins are broken in B8?

You are going to have a really hard time getting support for B7 and as
we march ever forward, this situation is going to get worse.

You never know, we might be able to resolve your B8 problems!!

Cheers,

Ben

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.

Posted by Siegfried Göschl <si...@it20one.at>.