Posted to kandula-dev@ws.apache.org by Andrea Santi <th...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/04 16:35:28 UTC

Information about kandula status

Hi,i'm Andrea Santi an Italian student of the engineering university of
Bologna.
I'm preparing my thesis that consist in the realization of ws-coordination
in a agent-orient language called simpa-ws.
simpa-ws is a agent-orient language created by the research group of my
university that is growing including in itselfs
all the ws-specification of the web-services.
The main idea of my thesis is to recreate a support for ws-coordination and
ws-atomic transaction studing the architecutre
of kandula.In the kandula's website i haven't seen a official release or
something similar,i've found only a SVN repository.
I would like to know the status of kandula,if it is stable,under deployment
or what else.
I ask that because for my thesis i would like to understand the kandula
architecture and see if that can bee a good start
for the realization of my implementation of ws-coordination specification.
So at the end what i ask you is what are the status of kandula now,if is it
completed or not,and if there is a stable version of kandula (or something
similar to a stable version) to study.

Thanks a lot for your attention,i wait your response.

Andrea Santi.

Re: Information about kandula status

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>.
Quoting Andrea Santi <th...@gmail.com>:

Kandula has 2 branches. One for Apache Axis (kandula-1) and another for Axis2
(kandula-2). Kandula-1 implementation of ws-coor and ws-at was completed in
2004 and now it also supports ws-ba. Ws-coor and ws-at implementations have
been tested against IBM implementation for interoperability. There are no major
updates/revisions been done for ws-coor or ws-at code at the moment. The last
revision was in 12/2005. If you want info on ws-ba impl, please read the paper
by Hannes: http://ws.apache.org/kandula/1/publications.html. I never got to
doing a release because of the interest in Axis2 and ws-ba. You can take a
checkout from svn and then build the source using maven. There are sample
applications that demonstrate the functionality and documentation is available
from the website.

--dasarath