Posted to user@flink.apache.org by dinesh kumar <di...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/09 09:12:34 UTC

Passing App configuration file while running in YARN mode

Hi,
  I am running Flink on YARN mode. My app consumes data from Kafka and then
does some internal processing and then indexes the data to Solr cloud. I
have a big Solr cloud (one collection for each month of a language and the
collection name is decided from the date of the message read from kafka)
and would need a configuration file to create the solr writer instances.

My question is how does one pass a config file to an app in Flink. I am
using the parameter tool to pass simple parameters like kafka topic but the
Solr config file is quite big and I would like to read the config as a file
in the app code. How would one achieve this? Should the file be kept in
HDFS and read or is there a way to pass a config file contents through the
Parameter tool? Any example code or references is much appreciated

Thanks,
Dinesh