Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Colin <co...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/14 23:19:17 UTC

bring out your rpms...

Does anyone know where an rpm for 0.7.6-2 might be? (rhel)

I checked the datastax site and only see up to 0.7.6-1

RE: bring out your rpms...

Posted by Colin <co...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nate.  I appreciate it.

The 0.7.6-2 release was made over *-1 specifically to correct an issue with
debian packaging.

This keeps coming up though, so I'll probably just go ahead and roll a
0.7.6-2 for rpm.datastax.com so as not to confuse folks.

Re: bring out your rpms...

Posted by Nate McCall <na...@datastax.com>.

Re: bring out your rpms...

Posted by Konstantin Naryshkin <ko...@a-bb.net>.
You could try to roll your own. I managed to create a custom 0.8 RPM using the spec file from the redhat directory. First check out the source. Then edit the spec file with the following changes:
Set the Version and Release variables appropriately.
At the end of %install, add the following 2 lines:
cp -p build/apache-cassandra-cql-*.jar %{buildroot}/usr/share/%{username}/lib
cp -p build/apache-cassandra-thrift-*.jar %{buildroot}/usr/share/%{username}/lib

To build the RPM (assuming that your system has appropriate RPM creation tools installed and configured):
cd [ROOT OF THE CASSANDRA SOURCE]
ant
ant release
[at this point you may want to go get a cup of coffee, since it takes me about 10-15 minutes to build the release]
copy apache-cassandra-*-src.tar.gz into your rpm SOURCE directory
if the above tar contained SNAPSHOT in its name, rename it to remove the phrase '-SNAPSHOT' from both the name of the tar and the name of the directory inside the tar
cd [ROOT OF THE CASSANDRA SOURCE]/redhat
rpmbuild -ba apache-cassandra.spec

Your rpm will be in your rpm RPMS directory.