Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "David B. Ritch" <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/14 13:15:23 UTC

Mapreduce and Exclude

We use dfs.exclude to point to a file containing a list of nodes with
problems, and HDFS does not use those nodes.  We have mapred.exclude
point to the same file, but the jobtracker still allows connections from
those nodes.  Has anyone else gotten this to work?

Further, it's easy to get the namenode to recognize changes in the file
(hadoop dfsadmin -refreshNodes), but I do not see a way to get the
jobtracker to re-read it.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

David