Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Domains <do...@geekazoid.com> on 2004/06/25 01:18:17 UTC

[users@httpd] New user looking for .htaccess help

I apologize in advance if I have sent this to the incorrect e-mail address location.  I am new to this type of researching for answers to problems.  Any help is appreciated.

Recently we were asked to password protect a directory for one of our web clients.  Our client is looking to allow access to certain directories on there website based on user name & password.  In doing so the client created a main directory called access and within it is a listing of sub-directories.  Each sub-directory has it's own .htaccess file which states which users are allowed to access those directories.  The problem we have encountered though is that when you go to the access directory via the clients website you do not see the listing of directories.  If I take the .htaccess file out the directory appears.

We have found the following article on the internet about this problem and we were hoping to get some insight on how to keep the .htaccess file in the directory but allow the end user to see the directory listing also.

tp://mirror.hamakor.org.il/archives/linux-il/01-2004/8076.html

Thanks
Karin :)