Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by John Piercre <jw...@r2systems.com> on 1997/09/10 09:40:04 UTC

os-windows/1110: Uppercase letters in AddAlias "fakename" fail

>Number:         1110
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Uppercase letters in AddAlias "fakename" fail
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
If you do
            AddAlias /Some/Dir/ c:/Real/Dir/

then a request for http://my.host.dom/Some/Dir will fail; however if you use

            AddAlias /some/dir/ c:/Real/Dir/

the same request works.
>How-To-Repeat:
Make a directory with a name containing a leading uppercase character, then
make an alias to it using the leading uppercase character.
>Fix:
Personally, I'd just document it and not worry about it