Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Calum <ca...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/12 14:18:38 UTC

Catch-all host

Hello all,

I think I remember seeing something related to this on the list
recently, but I just wanted to ask explicitly:

Can you set up a catch-all host in Tomcat?

<Host name="*" appBase="......." />

If not, could it be made possible, or is there any workaround possible?
I'm thinking that an Apache RewriteRule that redirects to
/catchall/?url=http://foo.bar.com/test/foo or whatever could work, but
it's a bit of a kludge.

Calum

PS. I'm running Tomcat 6.0.32, but could upgrade if it was in a later version.

RE: Catch-all host

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Calum [mailto:caluml@gmail.com]
> Subject: Catch-all host

> I think I remember seeing something related to this on the list
> recently, but I just wanted to ask explicitly:

> Can you set up a catch-all host in Tomcat?

The defaultHost set in <Engine> is automatically and always the catch-all - as clearly stated in the Tomcat doc.

 - Chuck