Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io> on 2019/05/30 12:47:06 UTC

Solr 8.1.1, JMX and VisualVM

Hello,

While upgrading from 7.7 to 8.1.1, i noticed start.jar and SolrCLI no longer pop up in the local applications view of VisualVM! I CTRL-F'ed my way through the changelog for Solr 8.0.0 to 8.1.1 but could not find anything related. I am clueless!

Using OpenJDK 11.0.3 2019-04-16 and Solr 8, how can i attach my VisualVM to it?

Many thanks,
Markus

Re: Solr 8.1.1, JMX and VisualVM

Posted by Andrzej Białecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
Hi,

This has to do with the new JVM flags that optimise performance, they were added roughly at the same time when Solr switched to G1GC.

In ‘bin/solr’ please comment out this flag: '-XX:+PerfDisableSharedMem'.

RE: Solr 8.1.1, JMX and VisualVM

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Hello,