Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ja...@petrobras.com.br on 2003/05/28 15:29:44 UTC

Re: Inheritable properties (was: Vanishing text in page header)

Thanks, I saw the warning but couldn't find what was overflowing the area.
Increasing the header height fixed the problem.

   >BTW
   > >    <fo:table-row font-weight="normal" font-size="14pt"
   >          text-align="left" display-align="center" margin="2mm"
   >You shold move the text-align and display-align properties to the
   >table cell, at least the latter doesn't have an effect otherwise.

I put these properties in table-row to avoid reapeating them in each cell.
I know they have no effect in the row element, but they seem to be
correctly inherited, since I got the results I expected in the cells. I
thought this was a valid way of defining inheritable properties, wasn't it?

Marcelo Jaccoud Amaral
mailto:jaccoud [at] petrobras.com.br
voice: +55 21 2534-3485
fax: +55 21 2534-1809
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.

                      "J.Pietschmann"
                      <j3322ptm@yahoo.d        Para:     fop-user@xml.apache.org
                      e>                       cc:
                                               Assunto:  Re: Vanishing text in page header
                      27/05/2003 17:00
                      Favor responder a
                      fop-user

jaccoud@petrobras.com.br wrote:
> I am generating a (possibly) multi-page document, with large header and
> footer sections that should appear on each page. However, in the second
> page, all text and images in the header are gone, only the space and some
> table cell borders are left.

Did you get the message
  [WARNING] Some static content could not fit in the area.
This means the static content is not properly reset for the
You should decrease the height of the static content or increase
the extent of the region until the message goes away. Simply
adding fixed heigths of the content might give a wrong expected
value for the extent because of possibly added hidden space and
mainly roundoff error.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Inheritable properties (was: Vanishing text in page header)

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
jaccoud@petrobras.com.br wrote:
>    > >    <fo:table-row font-weight="normal" font-size="14pt"
>    >          text-align="left" display-align="center" margin="2mm"
>    >You shold move the text-align and display-align properties to the
>    >table cell, at least the latter doesn't have an effect otherwise.
>
> I put these properties in table-row to avoid reapeating them in each cell.
> I know they have no effect in the row element, but they seem to be
> correctly inherited, since I got the results I expected in the cells. I
> thought this was a valid way of defining inheritable properties, wasn't it?

It is valid, but there were problem in inheriting properties by table
cells. Apparently they fixed themselves :-)

J.Pietschmann