Posted to commits@spamassassin.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2015/04/30 02:44:32 UTC

[Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "SettingUpSSL" by KevinMcGrail

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.

The "SettingUpSSL" page has been changed by KevinMcGrail:
https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SettingUpSSL?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

Comment:
Adding more documentation to assist those working with SpamAssassin and using SSL for spamc/d

  )
  }}}

+ = Compiling SpamAssassin with SSL =
+
+ The primary configuration requirement for compiling SpamAssassin with SSL is the ENABLE_SSL=yes option for the Makefile.PL.
+
+ NOTE: With SpamAssassin v3.4.0+, you will need a more modern compiler (tested as far back as GCC v3.2.3 which works but GCC 2.96 failed).
+
+ Here's an example which will configure the current 3.4 SVN branch to use a version of OpenSSL installed in /usr/local/ssl and GCC 3.2.3 installed in /usr/local/gcc3.2.3
+
+ {{{
+ perl Makefile.PL ENABLE_SSL="yes"
+ cd spamc
+ CXX=/usr/local/gcc3.2.3/bin/g++ CC=/usr/local/gcc3.2.3/bin/gcc LIBS=-I/usr/local/ssl/include/  LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/ssl/lib CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/ssl/include" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc/mail/spamassassin --datadir=/usr/local/share/spamassassin --enable-ssl=yes
+ ./version.h.pl --with-version=3.4.2
+ cd ..
+ make
+ make test
+ spamc/spamc --version
+ make install
+ }}}
+
+ Spamd will use Net::SSLeay so to use an alternate SSL with that, use the OPENSSL_PREFIX=<path to alternate SSL> perl Makefile.PL.  For example, OPENSSL_PREFIX=/usr/local/ssl perl Makefile.PL
+