Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Alan <ne...@ambitonline.com> on 2021/06/17 16:53:54 UTC

NB 12.4, PHP, Xdebug 3

Not sure if this is a bug or a [cough] user error.

Is Netbeans 12.4 passing XDEBUG_MODE through in the environment when
starting up PHP CLI?

If I set xdebug.mode to off or develop, the debugger won't start when
debugging a file or project.

If I set it to debug, it the debugger starts when running or debugging.
When running, I get multiple messages of the form

Xdebug: [Step Debug] Time-out connecting to debugging client, waited:
200 ms. Tried: 127.0.0.1:9003 (through
xdebug.client_host/xdebug.client_port) :-(

All those 200ms delays are killing unit test performance.

Haven't tried it yet, but I kind of expect code coverage to break too.

I've gone through the setup several times and can't find anything to
address this, short of editing php.ini whenever I want to switch.

--
For Apache Netbeans Users List

Re: NB 12.4, PHP, Xdebug 3

Posted by Alan <ne...@ambitonline.com>.
Hi Emilian,

I just needed to remove the setting, whereupon it defaults to "trigger"
when the mode is debug. Everything appears to be working as expected now.

Re: NB 12.4, PHP, Xdebug 3

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Re: NB 12.4, PHP, Xdebug 3

Posted by Alan <ne...@ambitonline.com>.