Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by kay <go...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/05 07:15:42 UTC

Re: remote ignite server and L4(for loadbalacing) with java thin client

Hello, I'm waiting for reply :)

I use java thin clien.

1. Can I use java thin client with 'Affinity Collocation'?
2. Is there any information about 'partition awareness' ? like, example
link.
3. Ignite thin client on startup select's random server to connect available
address.
This selection(connect to server node) is not going to be change before
server node is shut down?? or my application restart?
I mean if I have only one Ignite thin client Object( like singleton ) in my
application.
Is it only use one server node?

Thank you so much

Re: remote ignite server and L4(for loadbalacing) with java thin client

Posted by kay <go...@gmail.com>.
Thank you so much!

Re: remote ignite server and L4(for loadbalacing) with java thin client

Posted by Alex Plehanov <pl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Currently, there is no way to add a new address without the client restart.
But there is a feature under development [1], perhaps, it will be useful
for your case.

[1]:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-44%3A+Thin+client+cluster+discovery

Posted by Alex Plehanov <pl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

1. Yes, the same way as with the thick client.
2. Here [1] is a short description of partition awareness future for .NET
thin client (but this description also relevant to other thin clients,
including java thin client). Here [2] is a low-level description (mostly
for Apache Ignite developers).
3. Yes, java thin client stay connected with the selected server node until
connection lost (network segmented, server node is shut down, etc.). Only
after losing connection, client tries to connect to the next server node

[1] https://apacheignite-net.readme.io/docs/thin-client#partition-awareness
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-23%3A+Best+Effort+Affinity+for+thin+clients