Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Atherton, Cynthia" <ca...@harris.com> on 2012/04/02 22:05:41 UTC

Special Characters that should be excluded in the LDAP

Recently, we found an issue where James would fail to build the users list for an LDAP connection when James encountered a comma in the common name in the LDAP. Is there a known list of special characters that will cause problems when James attempts to connect or access the LDAP?

Thanks,

Cindy Atherton
Software Engineer
Harris Healthcare Solutions
(321) 914-1406

Re: Special Characters that should be excluded in the LDAP

Posted by Saibabu Vallurupalli <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cindy,

I have limited knowledge on Apache James so I could be wrong but this is
more of an LDAP question. Open LDAP follows RFC2253 specification.

You can find the list of special characters here for common names:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2253.txt

Thanks,
Sai