Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Velatorre ve la tor <ve...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/29 09:26:43 UTC

spout doesnt send messages to first bolt

Hi,
my name is Velatorre and i need your help.
I'm using a Storm topology with 1 spout in Java and 4 bolts in Python.
it works well when the topology starts but when it has been working for a
while, bolts stop and never work. Spout continues feeding the topology but
storm doesn't start the bolts again.
It may be a problem of deadlock?

Thanks.

RE: spout doesnt send messages to first bolt

Posted by Itai Frenkel <It...@forter.com>.
Hi,

I'm a storm newbie myself, so please take it into consideration.

1. Are you using LocalCluster or a Nimbus+Supervisor+Worker ?

2. If you are using a worker, in my experience you should listen for SIGTERM and exit 1, for cases the worker fails-fast.

Itai