Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by William Hovingh <wh...@whis.net> on 2001/11/06 02:06:34 UTC

Help with Tomcat/Apache/mod_dav

I am running Apache 1.3.20+mod_dav+mod_webapp, with DAV enabled on the
entire document tree and several resources being served by Catalina
through the warp/mod_webapp connector.

My problem is that I would like very much for one of those webapps to be
visible as a (read-only) resource for a DAV client.  I am nearly to the
point with my servlet code that the webapp behaves properly when the DAV
client connects directly over the HTTP/1.1 connector (by adding the
extra doXXX methods and appropriately overriding the service method to
dispatch to them), but haven't figured out how to get Apache to pretend
that the warp-connected app is DAV enabled.

Any Apache+Warp+Catalina config help that anyone can offer would be much
appreciated.

(I only ask because I haven't seen this anywhere as I RTFM.)

Re: Help with Tomcat/Apache/mod_dav

Posted by William Hovingh <wh...@whis.net>.
Earlier, I wrote:

> I am running Apache 1.3.20+mod_dav+mod_webapp, with DAV enabled on the
> entire document tree and several resources being served by Catalina
> through the warp/mod_webapp connector.
>
> My problem is that I would like very much for one of those webapps to be
> visible as a (read-only) resource for a DAV client.

I have tracked down my issue to this: What is the mod_webapp
configuration incantation I need to employ to get Apache to pass a
request (of arbitrary method) on to Tomcat if it comes in as, say,
OPTIONS /webappname HTTP/1.1

What I *want* is for this to get the same response as this does:
OPTIONS /webappname/ HTTP/1.1

(where, of course, my webapp has something running at the URL mapping
"/" that returns an appropriate Allow: header).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if anyone knows the magic I need to perform here,
let me know.  I am DESPERATE and under GROSS TIME PRESSURE.  (And I
promise to summarize how I've done all this once I get it working, since
it's been a good learning experience for me already.)