Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Frédéric Esnault <fe...@legisway.com> on 2007/06/08 08:26:15 UTC

RE: [JCR Controller] Out of memory - SOLVED

Congratulations ;)

It works, no out of memory error, and without the -Xmx512m, good work !

Two comments now :
1. As i told you, i work on a three node types test model : contracts -> contractors -> contacts. What's strange is when I open a contract and double click on one contractor refence in the table, it opens an select the corresponding node in the tree. But when I double click, in the newly opened contractor, on a contact reference in the table, it selects the contact property of the contractor node, it does not open the corresponding contact node. Any idea why?
2. You should still have a look at the performance problem. Opening 3000 contracts node (just selecting the contracts root and display the nodes) works but slowly. And the list of   "INFO - resizeAll size=6"  displayed during the processing of the node opening makes me wonder why it does this same operation so many times...

But well, the OOM problem is solved now, once again congratulations, and if you wish, I can have a look at the performance problem when you release the source code.

Keep up the good work!

Oh and by the way, the import feature seems fine, with all options one could hope for. Nice job there too. May be you could think of giving the choice between document view or system view. I did it for my app and honestly the work to add the second option when the first one is done is ...say....5 minutes work, for both import and export.

Frédéric Esnault - Ingénieur R&D
Legisway
60 boulevard de la mission Marchand
92400 Courbevoie La Défense

Posted by Frédéric Esnault <fe...@legisway.com>.
Ok I have to apologize. The performance seems fine.
In fact my app (web application) performs a search on //lgw:contract in 49 seconds (there is 3 000 contract nodes to find and display). JCR Controller does the same search in 47 seconds. ;)
Shame on me, congratulations to you !