Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/25 11:10:25 UTC

IPV6 enabled axis2 transport

Hi All,
    I have done some extentions to axis2 transport to add IPV6 support.
    The source is in src/transport/axis2/ipv6/ (I have updated GNU make system and added a VC++
project to build this - will add ant support soon)

    This source creates a new transport lib, and can work with both IPV4 and IPV6. Therefore you
can try this out, even if you use IPV4.

    Please try it out.

Thanks,
Samisa...

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

Re: IPV6 enabled axis2 transport

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
I did not commit this to CVS as it may have copyright issues.
The toolkit could be downloaded from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/tpipv6/download.asp

Samisa...

--- John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> We'll start building (and testing) it on AIX, Linux and windows next wk so
> we'll soon find out. This will be with our SSL support too (IBM GSKit).
>
> Have you put the header file into CVS?
>
> John Hawkins
>

>              Samisa Abeysinghe
>              <samisa_abeysingh
>              e@yahoo.com>                                               To
>                                        Apache AXIS C Developers List
>              25/11/2004 10:31          <ax...@ws.apache.org>
>                                                                         cc
>
>              Please respond to                                     Subject
>               "Apache AXIS C           Re: IPV6 enabled axis2 transport
>              Developers List"
>

> BTW: On windows it needs a special header file that comes with IPV6 preview
> pack. So I am not sure
> if it is a good idea to make it the default on windows. (Please note that I
> was using VC++ 6, may
> work with VC++ 7 without problem - but need to test)
>
> For Linux/Unix it is not a problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Samisa...
>
> --- Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > This is not the default transport. +1 for making it the default.
> >
> > However, I have not tested with the secure channel.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Samisa...
> >
> > --- John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Is this now our default transport? If not should it be - from what we
> > > discussed the design is such that it checks whether the IP layer is
> ipv6
> > > enabled or not so I see no reason for it not to be the default?
> > >

> > > John Hawkins
> > >

> > >              Samisa Abeysinghe
>
> > >              <samisa_abeysingh
>
> > >              e@yahoo.com>
> > >                                        axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
>
> > >              25/11/2004 10:10
> cc
> > >

> Subject
> > >              Please respond to         IPV6 enabled axis2 transport
>
> > >               "Apache AXIS C
>
> > >              Developers List"

> > > Hi All,
> > >     I have done some extentions to axis2 transport to add IPV6 support.
> > >     The source is in src/transport/axis2/ipv6/ (I have updated GNU make
> > > system and added a VC++
> > > project to build this - will add ant support soon)
> > >
> > >     This source creates a new transport lib, and can work with both
> IPV4
> > > and IPV6. Therefore you
> > > can try this out, even if you use IPV4.
> > >
> > >     Please try it out.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Samisa...

> > > Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile phone.
> > > http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

> > All your favorites on one personal page – Try My Yahoo!
> > http://my.yahoo.com

> http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com